SMMT Meet The Buyer
To support this growth, SMMT, are bringing their flagship Meet the Buyer event again to the show which matches suppliers with OEM and Tier 1 buyers through one-to-one meetings.
Meet the Buyer continues to gain considerable demand from both buyers and suppliers to participate year on year and 21 buyers have confirmed for June 2017. This year SMMT will be partnering with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
See the application process here
- A staggering £4 billion per annum opportunity for Tier 1 supplier business and £2 billion for upstream suppliers
- Average UK vehicle content has grown from 36% to 41% since to 2011
- Annual UK automotive supplier turnover has increased to an estimated £11.6billion since 2011
- Vehicle manufacturers are committing long-term to the UK
- UK suppliers are providing lower risk options
Last year’s results
Our last event took place, for the first time, at the inaugural Automechanika Birmingham event, resulting in:
- Over 1000 companies expressed interest to participate
- Over 330 people participating
- 355 one-to-one meetings
- Over 200 meeting requests made on the day
- 65% positive meeting outcomes