Join Automechanika Birmingham, the UK’s leading exhibition for the vehicle production sector
Visiting Automechanika Birmingham
'It's a good opportunity to look, touch and feel the product rather than just seeing it online.'
Steve Shue, Bespoke Buyer, Rolls Royce
Build your business
- Source advanced technologies from home grown suppliers
- Your badge can also give you access to Subcon - 2 events, 1 registration, designed for engineers
- Find solutions across connected & autonomous vehicles, lightweight materials, power electronics, energy storage & internal combustion engines
- Featuring Tomorrow’s Mobility – innovation at its best
- Network with the rest of the UK automotive industry
Industry Forum Workshop Sessions
Supply Chain Management
This session will give attendees a general understanding of the fundamentals of supply chain planning and inventory management within a manufacturing organisation, and how to manage it to achieve an optimised working capital position. We will define the best practice planning approach, inventory and its objectives, review the characteristics of inventory in the supply chain and how to successfully manage variability of demand. Through detailing the strategic supply chain management process and inventory trade-off decisions we will show how an organisation can determine whether inventory is an asset or a liability.
An Introduction to Operational Excellence in Manufacturing
This session will give attendees the general context around manufacturing operations and the principles which underpin its improvement such as Lean, TPM and Six Sigma. We will then expand on each principle in more detail giving delegates a greater understanding of when to apply them and give a focus not just on making improvement but also sustaining it.