After extensive feedback from exhibitors and visitors, the organisers will deliver a raft of new and exciting features for the 2018 event confirming Automechanika Birmingham 2018 as the UK’s most valuable meeting place for the automotive industry.
More Quality Meetings
Newly introduced in time for 2018 is the event's facilitated meetings programme which will match the needs of visitors with the capabilities of suppliers and help to arrange business meetings on stands.
Automechanika Birmingham will stay open until 7pm on Wednesday 6 June in the Garage Quarter. Automechanika Birmingham will welcome visitors to stay longer and allow exhibitors to benefit from further networking with new and existing customers on their stands.
Attracting more workshops
Workshop Training Hub
in association with autotechnician
sponsored by ACtronics
- Frank Massey: Mechanical systems & chassis diagnosis
- James Dillon: Profitable Vehicle Diagnostics – The Golden Hour
- Andy Crook: Changes in actuator control methodology
- Thijs Jasink, Chief Operating Officer ACtronics
- An Electric Future from Ecobat
- See Sense with Elta Automotive
- Additional presentations from Castrol UK, Autogem, Ecobat, ACtronics Ltd and Elta Automotive
Featuring the likes of:
- Explaining Euro 5 Pass-Thru Diagnostics – The Myths & The Opportunity with Delphi Technologies
- Hella will deliver the latest on ADAS
- The IMI will talk Hybrid & Electric Vehicles
- Dual Mass Flywheel - Overview of technologies available for repair by Valeo Service
- Don't miss Snap-on with Alignment
Business Services Village
- Held in the Garage Quarter, the new area will offer a hub of business advice from a range of product and service providers, ranging from finance and insurance to marketing and IT requirements. Exhibitors include: AA Garage Guide, Whocanfixmycar.com, D-Grease, Pro-moto, EDT Automotive
Aston Scott and Lexcom Information Systems.
Garage of the Year
The Garage of the Year competition, in partnership with Garage Wire, will run again in 2018, attracting regional garages to enter the competition to win the title 'Garage of the Year' and a cash prize! Enter now!
Specialist Demo Hub
SD Products, Chart One Automotive, Maintenance Solutions (IRL), BlackVue, Nicoman Spaghetti Car Mats, Midbass Motormax, Michelin Lifestyle, 3T Logistics, J & T Bevan, Gorecki SP. J, Kufieta, G&S Penrith, Johnson Window Films and Autocharge UK.
Motorsport Valley® Innovation
Presented by the MIA, in association with Staubli this feature is an interactive showcase of cutting edge technologies, fostering closer collaboration between OEM automotive manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, MIA members of the motorsport and high-performance engineering industry. Featuring the likes of Prodrive, Grainger & Worrall, Goodridge and Ricardo.
In association with Innovate UK, Knowledge Transfer Network
o New for 2018, Automechanika Birmingham will host a dedicated area showcasing the UK's capabilities with the latest technologies in connected and autonomous vehicles, electrification, ultra-low emissions and battery technology. Hosted by leaders in UK research and development, this is a showcase not to be missed
Learn from the experts
Sponsored by Aftermarket Magazine, this programme of education and insight in to key developments and technologies, issues and challenges and current business topics for the aftermarket will feature independent experts and some of the industry's biggest names including IMI, IAAF and SMMT.
This will include the new feature, the Aftermarket Innovation Showcase, which highlights the latest innovations inside the Aftermarket industry.
Keynote Speaker Programme & Panels
Head to the keynote speaker sessions to hear influential voices in the industry discuss business advice and out of the box ideas.
New for 2018 in partnership with CAT Magazine, it will deliver a daily keynote panel consisting of Aftermarket heavyweights, experts and key influencers, addressing the most pressing issues for the Aftermarket:
- Day 1; Electrification & the Aftermarket, hosted by The IMI
- Day 2; Digitalisation of distribution & retail, hosted by Frost & Sullivan
- Day 3; Connectivity & the Aftermarket, hosted by the SMMT