After extensive feedback from exhibitors and visitors, the organisers will deliver a raft of new and exciting features for the 2018 event confirming Automechanika Birmingham 2018 as the UK’s most valuable meeting place for the automotive industry.
More Quality Meetings
Newly introduced in time for 2018 is the event's facilitated meetings programme which will match the needs of visitors with the capabilities of suppliers and help to arrange business meetings on stands. Register now for free athttps://automechanika.meetingsprogramme.com/auth/login to benefit from the meetings programme!
Automechanika Birmingham will extend the opening hours in the Garage Quarter on Wednesday 6 June until 7pm, allowing garage businesses to close shop and attend the event later in the day.
Motorsport Valley® Innovation
Presented by the MIA, in association with Staubli this feature is an interactive showcase of cutting edge technologies, fostering closer collaboration between OEM automotive manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, MIA members of the motorsport and high-performance engineering industry. Featuring the likes of Prodrive, Grainger & Worrall, Goodridge and Ricardo.
Sponsored by Innovate UK, Knowledge Transfer Network
New for 2018, Automechanika Birmingham will host a dedicated area showcasing the UK's capabilities with the latest technologies in connected and autonomous vehicles, electrification, ultra-low emissions and battery technology. Hosted by leaders in UK research and development, this is a showcase not to be missed.
Attracting more workshops
A new dedicated hall layout will include an area specifically for suppliers of tools, garage equipment and those who want to meet workshops, MOT centres and autocentres.
Workshop Training Hub
in association with autotechnician
sponsored by ACtronics
- Frank Massey: Mechanical systems & chassis diagnosis
- James Dillon: Profitable Vehicle Diagnostics – The Golden Hour
- Andy Crook: Changes in actuator control methodology
- Thijs Jasink, Chief Operating Officer ACtronics
- An Electric Future from Ecobat
- See Sense with Elta Automotive
- Additional presentations from Castrol UK, Autogem, Ecobat, ACtronics Ltd and Elta Automotive
Featuring the likes of:
- Explaining Euro 5 Pass-Thru Diagnostics – The Myths & The Opportunity with Delphi Technologies
- Hella will deliver the latest on ADAS
- The IMI will talk Hybrid & Electric Vehicles
- Dual Mass Flywheel - Overview of technologies available for repair by Valeo Service
- Don't miss Snap-on with Alignment
Business Services Village
- Held in the Garage Quarter, the new area will offer a hub of business advice from a range of product and service providers, ranging from finance and insurance to marketing and IT requirements. Exhibitors include: AA Garage Guide, Whocanfixmycar.com, D-Grease, Pro-moto, EDT Automotive
Aston Scott, Lexcom information.
Garage of the Year
The Garage of the Year competition, in partnership with Garage Wire will run again in 2018, attracting regional garages to enter the competition to win the title 'Garage of the Year' and a cash prize! Click to enter!
Learn from the experts
Sponsored by Aftermarket magazine
Expert speakers will be on hand to update buyers on programme of education and insight in to key developments, issues and challenges for the aftermarket. Learn from the experts from SMMT, IAAF, The IMI, DVSA, The RMI, Gipa UK, The Motor Ombudsman, Mann & Hummel, Autodata and more...
Keynote Panel & Speaker Programme
New for 2018 in partnership with CAT Magazine, it will deliver a daily keynote panel consisting of Aftermarket heavyweights, experts and key influencers, addressing the most pressing issues for the Aftermarket:
- Day 1; Electrification & the Aftermarket, hosted by The IMI
- Day 2; Digitalisation of distribution & retail, hosted by Frost & Sullivan
- Day 3; Connectivity & the Aftermarket, hosted by the SMMT
Vehicle Production Seminars
An expert led content programme delivering the latest updates, learning and advice for the supply chain, attracting a wealth of senior professionals to the event. Benefit from keeping up to date and head to the seminars to network with new customers. Highlights include the SMMT, Barker Brettel, TBAT, Gowling WLG, 3T Logistics and Paul Uppal, the Small Business Commissioner, presenting Improving Payment Culture for a Brighter Economy.
Specialist Demo Hub
SD Products, Chart One Automotive, Maintenance Solutions (IRL), BlackVue, Nicoman Spaghetti Car Mats, Midbass Motormax, Michelin Lifestyle, 3T Logistics, J & T Bevan, Gorecki SP. J, Kufieta, G&S Penrith, Johnson Window Films and Autocharge UK.
Displaying the capabilities and need for remanufactured parts in the UK, it gives visitors the chance to learn more about the industry: its growth, its benefit and how it can increase sustainability in their businesses. Featuring an array of plinths displaying the best of what the remanufacturing industry has to offer
Open Forum will offer a morning of automotive supply chain seminars attracting several hundred delegates from OEMs, tier 1, medium and small suppliers.
Ben Boutcher-West, Automotive Lead at Bosch;
James Taylor, Managing Director at DriveNow;
Tom Westendorp, Business Development Manager of Autonomous Driving at NVIDIA.
Members attend for FREE. Quote your membership number to claim your free VIP pass
Non-members pay £100 + VAT per ticket